Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Winner!!

There were so many good guesses in the previous post about what I was knitting, and the correct answer came from Gill:  yes indeed, it is a tiny shrug for my Blythe doll!!

Here again is the picture I showed you:


All you do is sew the corners of the long edge to the corners of the short edge, then roll the long edge back to form a collar:



It is a free pattern on Ravelry, called "Shrugs and Kisses" by Maggie Baird. I love it when designers share their patterns free of charge!  As a beginning knitter, I hesitate to buy a pattern that might turn out to be too complicated for me.

This shrug is the perfect little accessory with a sleeveless dress, and I'm making one for each of my dolls.  I'm also in a couple of Blythe swaps, and they are great for swap packages!



Gill, I have e-mailed you; your zippered pouch will be in the mail to you soon!!

THANK YOU to everyone who left a comment, I appreciate that you took the time to do so.  I thought waggonswest was going to figure it out, the way she was applying such logic to it!  And I need to give special recognition to Angie for the funniest guess:  she thought it looked a lot like a nose warmer!!

5 comments:

Kay said...

Congrats to Gill. A shrug never even entered my head. I think your dolls must have a better wardrobe than me!

waggonswest said...

Good job Gill. Amazing how folding something so simple can turn into something so fantastic. Love the way they turned out Leslie.

wendiek said...

Hahaha, once you know, you see it too!

Congratulations, Gill!

LimeRiot said...

Of course!! Good job, Gill.

voyance gratuite par mail rapide said...

The percentages would increase in course of time. Useful information indeed. Thanks.